Farm owners are business owners. Just like commercial business owners, farm owners need insurance to protect their farming businesses against losses and liabilities.

A farm owners insurance policy encompasses several types of coverage, usually including homeowners, commercial property and commercial liability. Farms differ from traditional commercial businesses in that they often include residential and commercial property. As a result, you can protect your home, personal property and farm property all under one policy. In addition, your policy will include liability coverage to protect you if someone is hurt or someone else’s property is damaged while on your property. You also can obtain coverage for loss of income due to a covered loss.

Some common coverage include replacement cost coverage for your residence and personal property, protection for mobile farm machinery and livestock, farm and personal liability protection, identity theft resolution services and expense reimbursement, and equipment breakdown coverage.

To determine which type of coverage is best for your farm, contact the professionals at Smart Insurance. We can answer your questions and help get you the information you need to make the best decision for your farming business.

[button url=”″ target=”_self” label=”Contact Us” ptag=true]